Course Date: To be announced
Three Step Course
Step 1: Basics to diagnosis and management of conditions causing Infertility |
- Infertility - Clinical diagnosis of the causes.
- Anovulation - Classification, diagnosis (other than Polycystic ovarian syndrome).
- Anovulation - Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Endometriosis - Diagnosis and various management methods.
- Fibroids - Medical and Surgical management, When and why?
- Laboratory evaluation of Infertility testing and significance.
- Hyperprolactinemia – evaluation and management.
- Premature ovarian failure – diagnosis and management.
- Diagnosis of adnexal masses.
- Male Infertility – Recent advances and management.
Step 2: Advanced course on Assisted Conception and Assisted Reproductive technology (ART) |
- Semen analysis and sperm preparation techniques for therapeutic insemination / Sperm cryopreservation and Banking.
- ART Clinical understanding of Individualized controlled ovarian stimulation for IUI and ART.
- ART laboratory set-up and requirements/ Handling of equipment in ART lab, maintanance and quality control.
- Oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer techniques, difficulties and how to handle the same.
- Luteal phase support.
- Embryo culture systems, Gametes and embryo grading and transfer.
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome - prevention, complications and management.
- Trouble shooting in ART laboratory.
- Poor responders - Prediction and management.
- Ethics in ART.
Step 3: Advanced ART with animal backup system for IVF and Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) at Manipal University | Open Date
Part I and II should be completed before Part III (One week)
- Laboratory settings and requirements.
- Laboratory protocols.
- Sperm assessment and improvement for ART.
- To observe egg collection and embryo transfer techniques ( live on Infertility women) .
- To observe and do sperm preparations, media preparations.
- Sperm DNA integrity assessment.
- IVF and ICSI hands on with animal models (Micro manipulative procedures).
- Sperm, egg cryopreservation.
- Principles of aseptic procedures and quality control.
- Ethics in ART.
Prof. Pratap Kumar
Headship Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology - Kasturba Medical College, National Vice President of the Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India.
Prof. Satish Kumar Adiga
Master of Clinical Embryology from the National University of Singapore and Ph.D. from the Manipal University. Postdoctoral education at Miami University, USA , Kyoto University, Japan and University of Muenster, Germany.
Course Programs Download Flyer Register Now!
Other Upcoming Ultrasound Courses